Welcome to the Brule County Register of Deeds Office. This office provides several services to the county and is the
primary county record-keeping and archival office. This is also an excellent source for genealogy information.
Following is a list of our main functions and records available:
- Vital Records-certified copies are available for birth, death, and marriage. We also have burial records beginning in
1941. We do accept credit card orders for an additional fee. Link to: http://www.vitalcheck.com, then select South Dakota for further information.
a. Birth-$10; we have access to all records statewide from 1905
Death-$10;deaths in Brule County from 1905, statewide
c. Marriage-$7; records from 1988 in Brule County, after 1970
- Issue of Marriage Licenses
a. Cost is $40 and the license is valid for 20 days from the date of issuance.
- Recording of real estate documents (plats, deeds, mortgages, satisfactions, assignments, etc.)
- Filing of fictitious or Business Names
- UCC filings (fixture filings attached to the land only)
- Filing of liens (hospital, county, mechanics, federal, & state tax liens)
- Filing of Military Discharge
- Filing dam/dugout locations notices
Brule County Register of Deeds
300 S. Courtland St, Ste 110
Chamberlain, SD 57325
Link to S.D. Department of Health in Pierre, SD click here: